Have you heard this statement before, your skin is a sign of your health?
There is a lot of truth in that statement. Your skin shows what is going on in your health. So having a good health is connected to having a healthy glowing skin.
In our article Healthy glowing skin secrets we will explain some how to get a healthy skin and what are the secrets that help you get youthful glowing skin.
The secret to having healthy glowing skin is to eat a healthy diet that has a mixture of antioxidants, as well as vitamins like A,C….etc.
The 1st fruit on our secret list is:
The presence of malic acid in strawberry makes it a natural whitening agent. It also has loads of antioxidants which lend your skin a healthy radiance from within.
Strawberry also nutrient-rich and packed with antioxidants like vitamin C. Strawberries offer a wide range of health benefits, some of which may surprise you. (Wrinkle-prevention? Yes please!)
To get the benefit from it: eat a handful of strawberries or simple mash it to make a paste and add yogurt and honey. Apply it on your face and in 15 minutes get healthy glowing skin. Strawberry can also be added to your smoothie.
Strawberries don’t just satisfy your taste-buds, they are proven beauty enhancers that can work wonders for your skin. Strawberry extracts are often used in beauty products of leading brands. Apart from consumption, it can be used on your skin as a facial mask, scrub or toner to give you a healthy glowing skin. Some of its benefits are as follows:
Strawberry has great cleansing properties.
Strawberry extracts are often used as an ingredient in skin cleansers, face washes, refreshing bubble baths and rejuvenating face masks as they contain vitamin C, salicylic acid, antioxidants and exfoliates. Salicylic acid removes dead cells from the face while tightening the pores.
Ellagic acid being an antioxidant combats skin damage to maintain its youth and freshness. Thus, strawberries remove impurities and soften the skin as well as soothe allergies and other irritants and provide protection against pollution.
2. Improves Complexion:
Strawberry juice has skin lightening properties. It is effective in removing age spots and freckles.
You can squeeze the fruit to extract its juice and place it in a small cup.
Apply the juice all over your face with a cotton ball and rinse off with lukewarm water after 10 to 15 minutes to get a glowing complexion.
3. Skin Toner:
Strawberries can be used as a skin toner.
Grind them to extract the juice. Mix two teaspoons of this juice with 50 ml of rose water and refrigerate it.
You can use it instead of your regular skin toner to achieve wrinkle free, blemish free and younger healthy glowing skin. This juice can be stored up to 10 days.
4. Protection from Ultraviolet Radiation:
- Strawberries contains ellagic acid .Applied topically protects the skin against the sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays, which are primarily responsible for skin aging. You can make it in a paste form as we mentioned earlier.
5. Anti-aging Properties:
- Vitamin C and other antioxidants present in strawberries prevent damage caused by free radicals to the skin and body. Free radicals occur during the process of transformation of food into energy. Free radicals accelerate the aging process and vitamin C is effective in blocking the damage caused by free radicals.
- You can prepare an anti-aging face pack by mixing a teaspoon of honey and 2 teaspoons of milk cream with mashed strawberries.
- Apply this pack all over your face and neck and leave for 20 minutes. Wash off with clean water and pat dry.
- Since strawberry has anti-aging properties, this pack can be quite suitable for mature skin by rejuvenating it as well as minimizing pores and lines to give you healthy glowing skin.
6. Treatment of Acne:
- Vitamin C, Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), salicylic acid and flavonoids in strawberries help in clearing acne and reducing oil.
- Fresh strawberry masks are effective for people with dull, damaged or acne-prone skin.
- If you are suffering from acne, mash 7 to 8 strawberries and add 1 tablespoon of milk to the mash. Apply this mixture on your face and rinse after 10 to 12 minutes. This strawberry treatment should be done at least twice a week to get rid of acne naturally.
Pineapples are a tropical fruit that present with a wide array of health and beauty benefits. This sweet fruit is easy to find and the fresher it is, the better. You can easily incorporate pineapples into your daily diet or even apply them topically to reap the benefits of this bright yellow fruit.
- Looking youthful is a goal that everyone has and pineapples can help you to achieve this goal. This fruit helps to keep the skin flexible and firm because it increases collagen synthesis. It contains vitamin C and amino acids and these are all skin-friendly nutrients. You can apply fresh pineapple directly to your face to reap the benefits.
- To exfoliate skin: Exfoliation removes dead skin cells and ensures that your skin is bright and glowing. Pineapples wedges will naturally exfoliate the skin so that your complexion and tone always look their best and you get that healthy glowing skin.
- Eliminate Cracks on Your Feet: when your feet start cracking due to excessive dryness, pineapple can help to soothe this and restore health to the skin on your feet. Pineapple works to naturally exfoliate the skin, revealing smooth, radiant feet.
- Healthier Nails:
If you want your nails to grow and be strong, pineapples can help because they contain nail-healthy nutrients. Simply apply a fresh paste of pineapple, allow this to sit on your nails for 10 minutes, wash it away and thoroughly moisturize your nails.
- Hydrating the Skin:
Dull skin never looks good so you always want to ensure it has adequate hydration.
How to do it: Take one egg yolk, three tablespoons of fresh pineapple and a bit of milk and mix these together to create a hydrating face mask and get a healthy glowing skin.
- Stop Chapped Lips:When your lips are chapped, this can be painful and they can even bleed. Pineapple provides relief, hydrates the lips and it helps to exfoliate the dead skin. Combine with olive oil for even more hydration and for protective benefits.
- Prevent Hair Loss:
Hair loss is something that millions of people battle, but the vitamin C content in this fruit helps to fight against hair loss. Simply eat some pineapple each day to strengthen your hair follicles from the inside out.
- You can add pineapples to yogurt and even salads to get at least a cup into your daily diet. This will help you to get the internal health benefits from this fruit without any hassle. When you apply it topically, make sure to do a patch test behind your ear first just to make sure that you do not have any skin reactions.
3) Apple: An apple a day can certainly keep aging skin at bay! This fruit has vitamin C in abundance which keeps your skin firm and gives it an inner radiance, healthy glowing skin. Apple also prevents free-radical damage which causes premature skin aging.
To get the benefit from it: To ensure glowing skin, you can eat one apple every day. You can also apply the juice of an apple on your face and wash it off with water after 10 minutes.
Its importance: Carrot is high in beta carotene which is converted by the body to vitamin A. This makes it a must-eat vegetable in your daily diet. Not only will it give you a healthy glowing skin, it will also fight wrinkles and improve your skin, making it healthy.
To get the benefit from it: you can add carrots to your salad or cook it to make a dish. Drinking carrot juice with its fiber intact is also a great way to boost your beauty.
Its importance: your skin tends to look dull when it has scars, acne and blackheads. But lemons can keep these at bay. This fruit has high content of vitamin C which is needed for the synthesis of collagen.
To get the benefit from it: Squeeze a lemon in a glass of warm water and have it first thing in the morning. You can add a spoonful of honey also in the mixture. Or, simple add a dash of lemon juice on your salad.
Its importance: Loaded with antioxidants, spinach can help reduce the onset of wrinkles. It also helps strengthen skin tissue and possesses anti-inflammatory properties which flush out toxins, giving clear, healthy glowing skin.
To get the benefit from it: Usually spinach has to be boiled and then added to salads or you can make a curry out of it such as palak paneer. Spinach juice too is effective in keeping your skin healthy.
Your skin needs a boost from within to look fresh and glowing. Tomato is rich in an antioxidant called lycopene which has anti-ageing properties and also acts a sunscreen from within. Since tomato is acidic in nature, its pulp helps tighten pores and prevent pimples.
To get the benefit from it: Tomatoes are usually a staple of Indian diet and added to several dishes in a puree form. But you can eat them raw as well or apply its pulp and juice on your skin to get a healthy glowing skin.
8) Sweet potato
Anti-inflammatory in nature, sweet potato has high vitamin A content which helps fight acne-causing bacteria. The presence of vitamin C further improves skin tone and heals pimple scars.
To get the benefit from it: Eat it as an evening snack. Boil sweet potato and add salt, pepper and lemon juice to it. Eat it with the skin intact for maximum benefits. If it is treated with wax or is too shiny in appearance then it is a good idea to peel off the skin.